Aikwood Tower understands and respects the importance of your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the personal information that you share with us. Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself. The processing of personal information shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to Aikwood Tower. When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this Policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
What information will we collect?
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual or other members of their party, including:
· Names and contact details, including email address, a postal address and telephone number.
· Personal interests and other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How will we collect this information?
Aikwood Tower only collects personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
· When you make a booking or purchase a service from or through us
· When you subscribe to our newsletter
· When you speak to any of our team regarding a booking or event
· When you complete a survey or enter a competition
From time to time, Aikwood Tower receives personal information from business partners and vendors. Aikwood Tower only uses such information if it has been collected in accordance with acceptable privacy practices consistent with this Policy and applicable laws.
HOW WE USE YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION
Aikwood Tower uses information for several general purposes:
· We will use your name and address details to complete your booking with us.
· We will also use your details to manage your arrangements for your stay or event and communicate with you generally regarding the reason you contacted us.
· We do not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation other than as necessary to complete your booking. From time to time we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Aikwood Tower to provide a product or service to you (we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose)
· Credit/debit card payments are processed via our merchant provider on their secure platform and include the card type, date and time, amount, card expiry date, billing postcode, your address and other related information. This information is required and necessary for the performance of our contract with you. We do not have sight of the complete card number or CVV code at any time.
· We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
We may also contact you from time to time with information about developments at Aikwood Tower, special offers, brochures and future events, and to better understand your needs and provide you with better services.
We would also like to use your information for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you a newsletter). All details you have provided in connection with your booking will be kept as required by law but we will only use names and contact details for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you are happy for us to do so. If you do not wish to receive such information from us, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
· See what data we have about you, if any.
· Change/correct any data we have about you.
· Have us delete any data we have about you.
· Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Our website does not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 16. Aikwood Tower does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal information.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Aikwood Tower's website contains links to other sites. Aikwood Tower does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Aikwood Tower may amend this policy due to developments in the law. We encourage you to re-read this policy from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use personal information. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will make that information available by posting a notice on this site.
This document was last updated on Friday 17th May 2018.